Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.
Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian.
I understand you have some concerns about your kitty licking up water that was inside your shoe and it may have had some salt in the water. With this small amount of potential salt ingestion she will likely be just fine. Salt toxicity in pets is usually caused by drinking excessive amounts of saltwater, particularly ocean water. With her only licking a few drops, she most likely didn't ingest enough salt to cause any issues.
Nonetheless, make sure she has plenty of access to water and keep an eye on her for the next 4-6 hrs to ensure she is ok and has no abnormal neurological signs such as ataxia (drunken walk), excessive drooling, vomiting, etc. But again I expect her to be just fine.
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?