Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

As before stated, we feed a wild cat about one year old, wet

Customer Question

As before stated, we feed a wild cat about one year old, wet food twice a day with a small dish of cream (about 2.5 Tbsp cream. Looks healthy but coughs. He left a dark 0.5 inch worm in his cream dish. We have never been close enough to pet him but he comes to his name, Mr Mitziplitsic. Is there something we can put in his wet food that will eliminate worms and not pose a risk of killing him?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, if Mr. Mitziplitsic has coughed up a worm, then it is likely a roundworm that he has brought up. Now while we often treat for these using a topical spot on or tablet, we can try to sneak wormer into his food. For that, it would be ideal to use Panacur/Fenbendazole granules. This is OTC at most vets and some pet stores. They are designed to be added to food and often we can get them to take this without much fuss (smelly canned foods can help with that) and handling. So, that would be ideal here. Of course, we need to keep an eye on that cough since it can sometimes be a sign of infectious issues (ie viral or bacterial airway infections) but also can be seen with heart troubles, bronchitis, or asthma.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you!: )

Expert:  liam-cssm replied 1 month ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/cat-health/a4xvm-stated-feed-wild-cat-one-year-old-wet.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.