Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

All of a sudden she is holding upt pawd z, She all of a

Customer Question

All of a sudden she is holding upt pawd z
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: She all of a sudden started sitting up on her back legs and meowing. She is trying to walk but seems to be in pain and won't go far
JA: Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: Not that I know of, but she is a large Maine coon mix. Has always
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the Maine's name and age?
Customer: Has always limped or waddled as she is heavy. She's 11 years old and does get up and down off our table which is pub style so is tall
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about She 's?
Customer: I just feel terrible. She's acting like she can't walk. She rolled over on her side rather than put weight on front paw How much will the total cost be
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Does your cat go outside? Is it one paw, or both front paws? When you handle the paw and manipulate and squeeze it gently, what does she do?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She is strictly indoors. Her paw seems ok, possibly her shoulder. She is very hesitant to walk and limps when she does. Her eyes are dilated too
Is there any swelling or obvious pain when you rub the leg and squeeze it and try to move it?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Ann M.