Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

16 yr old spay female with diabetes. In remission last few

Customer Question

16 yr old spay female with diabetes . In remission last few months. My wife that has alzheimers told me she hadn't eaten for a couple of days and was acting strange so she thought it would be wise to restart her insulin. I told her she would be fortunate to be alive by morning. Any Suggesstions as tgo what we could force feed her to compensate
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: pRINCESS
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about pRINCESS?
Customer: After she went into remission, she began to be more axcive and lost a lot of weight 10# ***** more
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but wanted to touch base about this very serious situation.

How is she just now?

Any wobbliness, lethargy or collapse?

Was she able to eat for you?