Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc
9138059

My cat is squinting one eye. there is no drainage of the eye

Customer Question

my cat is squinting one eye. there is no drainage of the eye or sneezing. she has a good appetite. but the squinting has been going on for about 5 days. I've tried warm compress- but it didn't do much.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: zazzal
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about zazzal?
Customer: she has had some bad teeth pulled 3 years ago; but hasn't had any problem since with regular cleanings. she's 4 yrs old.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question regarding your girl Zazzal. I am currently typing up a response and will have something for you in the next few minutes.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Dr E

Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

Thank you for your patience. There are a number of reasons why Zazzal is squiting in one eye, including anything from simple conjunctivitis to a corneal ulcer or a foreign body under the third eyelid(s). Given this has been going on for a while, we certainly have to consider a corneal ulcer, or even an internal eye issue such as uveitis or even glaucoma. If Zazzal isn't in too much discomfort and is only squinting (and not pawing at her eye), then you could just try some cool black tea. Just use some cotton wool to gently apply this to both eyes 3 - 4 x daily for a week. If there isn't much improvement by tomorrow morning, or if she is rubbing her eye or seems to be in discomfort, you will need to get her seen by your local vet in the morning. I hope all of the above makes sense? If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks! I hope to work with you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Dr E

PS: If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. E..." or "Pet-doc..." and others will leave the questions for me.

Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 months ago.

Hopefully my message came through ok? Let me know if you have any further questions? Dr E

Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

How has Zazzal's eye been overnight? Has is improved, or will you get her seen by your local vet today?

It would be great to get an update when you get a moment,

Dr E

Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Pet Doc