Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Peppy ( a male cat aged about 1 year) has loose motions

Customer Question

Hello Dr.Michael,Peppy ( a male cat aged about 1 year) has loose motions since almost 2 weeks now.
Cant even control..keeps dripping as he walks around.
Is eating and moving around okay. Have given him 2 doses of metrogyl syrup so far but no improvement. Please let me know what you think.Regards,
HarAsees
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning HarAsees and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am sorry but it appears that Dr. Michael is not online at this time but I would like to help. The most common cause of this diarrhea is a wormload and the first thing you should do is to go to the pet store and purchase an all around wormer such as Panacur for cats to rule out this as a possibility. The metrogyl will act against bacteria and anti protozoa but if this is not helping, it may be something more serious. If these are not helping, have your vet examine Peppy again to be sure we have not missed something.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Dr.Loretta. Will have the deworming done and visit the vet if that does not help. How long does it take for the dewormer to be effective ?

It works almost right away, HarAsees, although the loose stool may take a week to resolve but you should see improvement within a few days. I sure hope this helps. You are doing great for your sweet Peppy!

I'm just following up on our conversation about Peppy. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for checking.We gave Peppy a dewormer. He looked better Day 1 but continues to have loose motions. Its almost impromptu as soon as he eats. Will monitor next few days and update you.Rgds,
HarAsees