Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Our cat is about 3 years ago and was a rescue cat who lived

Customer Question

Our cat is about 3 years ago and was a rescue cat who lived in a room with about 50 other cats, but who has settled very happily with us. However, she continually throws up her food, no matter what we give her which includes top of the range tinned food and dry food (which I don't think is part of what she throws up. We have tried her with raw and cooked chicken and special cat mince, but she also throws these up and much prefers the tinned stuff. She eats extremely fast which may be a result of being fed at the same time as lots of other cats, but we are at our wits end as to what to give her. Should we just stick to the dry food, although that would be sad as she so looks forward to the tinned stuff of which she gets a small quantity twice a day. Your suggestions would be much appreciated.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, she just gets the same stuff, more or less, every day. Mind you, she is also out in the garden and seems to bring quite a few small skinks into the house, and maybe she eats a portion of them.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Gracie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gracie?
Customer: She has recently recovered from a serious tick bite but seems perfectly well in that respect now and the vomiting was happening before that, anyway.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 17 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) How long has this been an issue?
2) How long after eating does she vomit?
3) Any usage of bowls specifically designed to slow her eating?
4) Does she have any toys she likes to play with that she might ingest?
5) Any stool issues?