Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

She was diagnosed with an internal infection and prescribed

Customer Question

she was diagnosed with an internal infection and prescribed anti robe aqua drops she has not gotten better she can't even stand up today she is so weak and she seems as if she might die but I know in my heart she can be saved and she wants to live she is three years old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Little Kitty is her name we live in Reno Nevada
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about we?
Customer: yes the dosage prescribed was 1 ml every 12 hours then I read that is the maximum dosage for a dog
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Where did they localize the infection to (ie her gut, her kidneys, her lungs, etc)?

What tests did they do?

Any gagging, lip licking, drooling vomiting, or diarrhea?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?