Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat just lies one position and is not eatin even her

Customer Question

My cat just lies one position and is not eatin even her favorite food
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: This is has been 2 days and not moving around. Her name is ***** ***** she is about 5 years old
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Flo. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Flo?
Customer: Normally she is very active and likes to go outside and get mice and plop herself in my lap several times a day to give herself a a bath and she is barely moving. No obvious sign of pain or distress
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm very sorry to hear about Flo's situation. This sounds serious. Is she vomiting? Is she drinking water? Is she breathing comfortably?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She is not vomiting. She is not drinking. She is breathing ok.

I'm sorry for my delay as I had a connection issue. Is she moving around at all? Does she seem painful?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There shouldn't be any problem with connection. She is moving a little to different parts of the house. She is grumpy, not eating for 2 days, but doesn't appear to be in pain, but I'm not sure. She seem to be lying down in a way that protects one side of her body.

The problem with the connection was on my side. My internet service went down. Could she have been injured or attacked? When would you say she was last seen being normal?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No injury or attack and those things would normally have signs of injury, pain or blood. Let us have an answer that is relevant

Part of trying to figure things out is through getting as thorough of a history as possible. At my ER, it is just as important to get a good history on the patient as it is to do a thorough physical exam in trying to put pieces of the puzzle together. I'm going off line at this time so I'll open up your question to the other experts and hopefully they can continue to help out.