Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cat has been very itchy lately and his eyes have been

Customer Question

My cat has been very itchy lately and his eyes have been bothering him as well, running and itchy as well. I thot it had cleared up but then yesterday he was scratching a lot again. This morning I noticed that I can hardly see the blue of his eye because of a marked cloudiness and a slight bump in the middle of the eye. Any idea if this is an infection or what might be the cause? I'm convinced the eye was clear yesterday.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Sunny's eye. Can you possibly post a picture of it here?

If the clear part of the eye, the cornea, appears cloudy and if you are seeing a bump on the eye this could be serious. He may have a scratch or wound on the cornea, and these can get infected or even rupture.

I am a big fan of medicinal honey, but would not recommend putting it on an eye.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

How is your cat today? I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you. Let me know if I can help with anything else.