Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

One of our kittens paws circulation was cutoff for at least

Customer Question

One of our kittens paws circulation was cutoff for at least 3 days while we were out of town. His paws very swollen (as expected) and spread open with crusted areas. He's acting normal, has a limp but is putting a little weight on it. What should we do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There's no wound
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Cody
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cody?
Customer: Nothing
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Is the paw cooler the his other ones?

Are the crusted areas open sores?

Any pus or odor?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.