Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My rescue cat of 1 year attacks my 2 other cats right off

Customer Question

My rescue cat of 1 year attacks my 2 other cats right off the bat.. It has been a year and still he will not even try to be nice, attacks at first site!!!..I will not give him up!! I just have never had this problem before and I have to amdmit I am a crazy cat lady.. Thank you!! Debbie
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with Debbie?
Customer: ;-) I am Debbie my cat is Bob. He just attacks them. I have to keep the separtate at all times. I cat seems to find a cat behavorist. Can you recomd one? I live Orange Country Ca
JA: Where does Debbie seem to hurt?
Customer: I can't seem..
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: No he is healthy, my vet did give me some chill pills for him but it just makes him calm so he doesn't flip out when I have to leave him in his room, otherwise he still attacks and funny thing I am the one that gets beat up..lol..
JA: Is Debbie eating normally?
Customer: yes and pooping and peeing and playing. he is lover boy to me most of the time.
JA: OK. No appetite problems. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Debbie?
Customer: no, my vet gave me some info on cat behavorist but none of them have ever called me or emailed me back. I even tried contacting Jackson Galaxy..
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  CalCatDoc replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I'm CalCatDoc and I think I might be able to help with your aggressive cat problem.

Are you available at this time for a chat and for me to ask some questions to start?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thank you..Nevermind.. all I wanted was a referall not some membership.. So again no thank you

Well I was actually going to try to solve your problem, but that's okay. I'll opt out.