Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He is 14 yrs old, has not eaten in 2 days & hardly drink any

Customer Question

he is 14 yrs old, has not eaten in 2 days & hardly drink any water. he is sleeping a lot, moving slowly. he is a siamese & is not talking. I took him to the vet a few months ago because he attached me (he's a bitter since a baby), I was trying to make a discission if I should put him. my vet said he could not give him an exam ( as he looked very thin) & probably have to sedate him to do so. I could not make the descisson to put him down, he tried prozak to calm him down (could not get them into him). this morning he did take a bite of food & a little water. I cleaned his box last night to see of he is using it, saw nothing this am.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the siamese will be able to digest that. What is the siamese's name?
Customer: sluggo, digest what? he has not taken the prozak, he would not eat his food when I tried to a couple of months ago.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the siamese?
Customer: it is not like him to be so quiet, he has always been clinny, has to be on me or see me .
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long since he passed urine?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?