Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

MY CATS LOWER BACK FEELS WARM TO HOT AND HAS A SORE, aNGEL

Customer Question

HELLO...MY CATS LOWER BACK FEELS WARM TO HOT AND HAS A SORE
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: aNGEL STAR AND 12 YEARS OLD...SHE DOES GO OUTSIDE SO NOT SURE IF IT IS EXTERNAL OR INTERNAL WHEN SHE JUMPS ON BED OR COUCH IT IS A LITTLE BIT OF A STRUGGLE FOR HER SHE IS EATING AND DRINKING
JA: Is this new behavior?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about angel star?
Customer: NO ...THANK YOU...WHEN I TOUCH IT SHE DOES NOT REACT LIKE IT REALLY HURTS..BUT SOMETHING IS WRONG
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Angel star. Is there a chance you can take a picture of the sore and post it with the paper clip icon for me to see what you're seeing? Is she indoors only?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you anyway.pic impossible..sheis long hair...she needs to be seen..thanks anyway

Some are just not easy areas / lesions to photograph. Getting her seen by your vet is going to be the best thing! I'm glad you recognize this. When a cat has a "sore" a lot of them turn out to be abscesses that have happened due to being bit in that area. IF she's around other cats or if she's indoor / outdoor, then that could be the issue.