Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My outside cat had an ear infection last week. One ear he h,

Customer Question

My outside cat had an ear infection last week. One ear he h
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: He got a hemotoma in one ear..I took him to the vet and got medication for it and he drained the on ear..however it filled back up in a day..his infection is cleared now but for the past 2 days he is not eating and got disga Discharge and bubbles coming out of his nose
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Steward and he is about 10 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Steward?
Customer: He is not up to date on his shoots
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? What medications was Steward placed on? Do you know his FIV/Felv status?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tresaderm solution 15 m
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He is also not going in his cat house..he is going to the same spot in a wooded area

Okay thanks for the additional information. Sounds like in addition to the ear infection, he may have developed a cold . If that is the case he likely needs to be placed on an antibiotic to help treat that. Also if the ear keeps filling up, that may indicate that he may need surgery to help keep it drained.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ahh ok...so I have to take him back to a vet or can y call in antibiotics

They may just prescribe antibiotics if they just saw him. It would just depend on the veterinarian. Would you be able to medicate him easily?