Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.
I'm sorry for this concern about Tucci. I do have a few additional questions to ask about him first if you don't mind:
1. About how much nail polish is on him?
2. Has it dried already?
Thanks for the answers to my questions.
If you were thinking about using nail polish remover on him, I wouldn't recommend it since it contains solvents which may be toxic for him.
The dried nail polish has a pretty low toxicity so wouldn't cause much beyond possible mild vomiting upset if ingested. Considering the small amount we're talking about, I'd be surprised if he has any gi issues after ingestion of it at all.
Larger amounts of nail polish may be removed by clipping the hair although care should be taken not to cut his fur if you use scissors.
I hope this helps. Deb
You're more than welcome.
Glad you weren't going to apply anything else to his fur:)
I suspect you'll probably be able to get more of it out with brushing and then you can trim away what's left if you wanted....although I wouldn't expect any issues if you decided to just leave it. Deb