Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a cat that wipes her on the carpet after she .She is

I have a cat that wipes her butt on the carpet after she poops.She is 1 of two vats we have. They are sisters.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I am sorry to hear about this problem with Coco. This could be an impacted anal gland, so having her glands checked by a veterinarian would be the first thing I would do.

Other reasons cats do this is because of having long hair around the anus so having the hair trimmed (do not use scissors for this!) around the anus may help. Being overweight or having very hard or soft stool can also make cats do this.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you saw my responses! Can I answer any more of your questions?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you I'm going to take her to the vets . I thought it might glands . She is overweight .Both are heavier than they should. They are inside cats. Thank you again

You are welcome. Let me know what you find out.

Kindly consider rating my answer so the website knows I assisted you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank for the info she has an appointment tomorrow

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She does have Anal Gland Infection They drain some of it she is on orabax and has 3 pain pills. Goes bck to Vets next week so they can drain more.

Thank you for the great rating, and the update. I hope she is better soon.

Gosh, I am sorry you felt you needed to reverse your rating of my answer. Was my information incorrect or not helpful?

My best wishes for her good health.