Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

I have a kitten who I gave too much petarmor for cats sure

Customer Question

Hello I have a kitten who I gave too much petarmor for cats sure shot. I gave it to her yesterday afternoon and she is sluggish. She ate early in the morning and I am feeding her water. Trying to find a vet that is open. Not playing at all like usual. Is there anything I can give her like pedilite
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the kitten will be able to digest that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Gabby
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gabby?
Customer: I never self medicate learn my lesson following the directions on the bottle. Went by age instead of weight no she is a heathy stray I got about 4 weeks ago. Very energetic and I have had cats got over 40 years
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Are you there
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr Ola and I would be happy to help. Please do not delay and get Gabby to an emergency animal hospital RIGHT AWAY. Her symptoms are associated with permethrin toxicity that occurs from topical flea/tick medications and will progress to symptoms involving severe lethargy/comatose, seizures, vomiting and is likely fatal without proper treatment. Gabby will need to be hospitalized right away and placed on intravenous fluids in order to flush her from the toxins that have absorbed into her bloodstream and prevent further organ damage. Please do not wait on this! I don't mean to panic you but this is an emergency..

I hope this advice was helpful to you. Please let me know if you need clarification on anything or have other questions about this. Also, please do not forget to rate my answer which I hope you found to be "excellent." You may do this by clicking "rate our conversation" below (Your rating is the only means of compensation I receive for answering your question). Again, let me know if I can help you further:)

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thanks