Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

2 months back she had a bladder infection, had antiobos and

Customer Question

2 months back she had a bladder infection, had antiobos and all has been well until tonight. I see she is restless and going back and forth to the water dish. She urinates normally (does not go the way when she had the infection which cleared up), but now she goes back and forth to drink. She ate solid food - wet and dry and appears OK otherwise. What is going on? This just happened tonight.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Her name is Buffy. It is too dark for me to drive to take her to the 24 hour vet tonight. Church is tomorrow - I could take her to the 24 hour or wait to Monday for her regular vet, but I have not seen her do this before. She is also scratching up the furniture.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buffy?
Customer: She is a short hair, spayed female about 10 years old, seemingly healthy, was out today for a while (used to be an outdoors cat) and started to come in when she had the infection in Sept. That is how I noticed she had a possible infection and the vet confirmed that and treated her and she was fine in a week. Now it is November 26 and she goes back andforth to the water bowl.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 13 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How old is Buffy?

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Even though she is visiting the bowl more often, is she drinking more?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your response. I explained in my question that Buffy is about 10 and 2 months ago had had a UTI infection, but it was cured as the vet had prescribed antibios and within a week she was better and normal. That it was now some 2 plus months later and I noticed her seeming restless and going to drink several times as if she had an unsatisfied thirst. Otherwise she seemed normal and ate wet and dry cat food and her bowel movement is normal and she urinated normally and without frequency. See seemed alright this morning. If anything goes on, I will take her to her regular veterinarian.. May I suggest that just because people have a computer, it does not mean they are (a) proficient (b) the computer programs work or (c) the server or internet provider is working and (d) that they can read grey text on white background or white text on blue background. You should adjust your programs to people that have vision or eye color difficulties and make it simpler to go on-line.