Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

My cat had a depo shot and hasnt eaten sence and thowing up

Customer Question

my cat had a depo shot and hasnt eaten sence and thowing up bile every time he drinks water
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: buddy and 7 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about buddy?
Customer: his blood surgar was 400 when they gave it to him
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 14 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Please give me a moment to type my response. Thank you

Depo is a potent steroid and can push some cats that are borderline diabetics into full blown diabetics. It is not common for the steroid to cause major gastrointestinal problems in cats, but it can. I would definitely have Buddy seen today to have some blood work and also anti nausea medication. I would also make sure that if your regular vet is not open today, that you let them know first thing Monday morning. If Buddy continues vomiting then he will become dehydrated. Please ask any follow up questions. You can continue posting on this thread for several days after rating my response. Take care