Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

New kitten can't be more then a few weeks old breathing very

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: New kitten can't be more then a few weeks old breathing very fast while sleeping
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: we don't have a name yet literally just got the cat a few hours ago. Was found after someone had thrown it from there car window
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about yet?
Customer: we are going tomorrow to the vet to get it checked out
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Is her breathing normal when awake?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Any sneezing, coughing, or congestion?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count your dog’s breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?