Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My 10 year old kitty always was active & playful--this AMwas

Customer Question

my 10 year old kitty always was active & playful--this AMwas scrunched up under the table no reaction to talk---wanted no food, no water, no affection
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Please don't laugh, Puss-Puss when I retired I took the "warehouse kitten" with me---I'm here only family at 81 years old she doesn't mind. I'm just concerned for her listlessness it's not like her.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the unknown-word?
Customer: Nothing other than she's been spayed long ago and a month ago had all her required shots etc.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Cher replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Expert:  Cher replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

My apologies that you did not receive an earlier answer. I recently signed on and read your question. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

I'm so sorry your Puss-Puss is not feeling well, today. From your description, it's possible that she has develop an underlying medical condition, there's an infection in her body, she got bitten or stung by an insect or spider that was venomous, and many other possibilities.

Because this is something that is difficult to diagnose without an in person evaluation, it's necessary for her to be seen by a vet or ER vet, immediately. In this way she will be definitely diagnosed and treated appropriately.

Older cats are more prone to develop diabetes, hyperthyroidism, liver and kidney issues, so a routine senior blood panel, including a thyroid (Free T4) test will provide more diagnostic tools for the vet.

I hope all will be well with your Puss-Puss!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback from the ratings box at the top of your page; that is the only way I receive recognition from the website for my hard work and assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply to Expert' for clarification and/or additional information, if needed, at no additional cost.

Please don't hesitate to request me by name, for any future questions; just type: "For Cher Only" to begin your post.

Bonuses, although never expected, are always welcomed, for a job well done!

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

I'm just checking in with you to see how everything is going with Puss-Puss. I hope things have improved!

Please let me know if you found my answer helpful. Thanks!

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 5 months ago.

Hello, again!

I never heard back from you on how Puss-Puss was doing.

Were you able to get her to a vet, to be assessed in person, find out what was causing her symptoms and have her treated?

How is she feeling, now? Please let me know, as I am concerned about her.

If you need any additional information, please 'reply' and let me know.

If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating from the ratings box at the top of your page, so the website recognizes my assistance to you. Thanks so much!

Warmest regards,

Cher