Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech 35+ years working w/Cats
5071285

It was attacked by a dog. I dont see any visible wounds or

Customer Question

It was attacked by a dog. I dont see any visible wounds or blood, but it is shaking a lot.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Thank you:-) Callie and she is about 7 yrs old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Callie?
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 16 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I been a Vet tech for 30+ years, I am so sorry that Callie had to go through that.

Shaking is a pain Response and with being attacked there may be some internal injuries, even if there is nothing actually visible. I would have her in to be checked out by the Vet before the holiday. The type of injury that she may have incurred could show up as long as 24 hours beyong when it happened.

I will have to advise trying to have her seen this afternoon. There is no medication that can be given at home because of the sensitivity that cats have. Please hit reply to ask questions or if you have concerns.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 16 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you had Callie into the Vet. I was concerned and want to see how she is doing now. When a dog catches a cat it is very traumatic for them and the injuries can be severe. Please let me know how she is doing.

Joan