Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I think my cat is pregnant but i am trying to find some

Customer Question

Hello, i think my cat is pregnant but i am trying to find some significant real tell tale signs of pregnancy ! Can you help me ? I looked at her nipples but they dont seem to have changed, her stomach is alot bigger than usual and she eats alot more, but can you give me some more advice?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

If she is not spayed, is over 6 months old and she goes outside, and it is spring, she is most likely pregnant. Cats start to cycle in early spring and go into heat until they get pregnant.

Her nipples may not change much, but if you squeeze a nipple and milk comes out, she is probably pregnant, and probably going to have kittens within a week.

It is possible this is a false pregnancy, but if her belly is large and she is eating more, she is probably pregnant. The only way to tell for certain would be an xray, which might be a good idea because then you would know how many kittens to expect.

Let me know if this helps and what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if this was helpful; I have not heard back from you! I hope you are able to see my responses.