Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

She has sx, sniffles, stuffy nose, lethargy, sneezing,

Customer Question

she has cod sx
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: sniffles, stuffy nose, lethargy, sneezing, possible sore throat
JA: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: her twin sister is healthy
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 19 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Your sweet gal may be suffering from an Upper Respiratory Infection or allergies. The first thing to do is to give your gal Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. This will decrease the congestion and help if this is an allergy. You can use the liquid pediatric Benadryl available at the pharmacy at around 1/2 to 1 teaspoon every 12 hrs. If this is not helping within a day, take your gal to your vet for an exam since she may require further testing such as an FELV test and/or antibiotics to help her past this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****