Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

She is not feeling well since last night. I thought it was

Customer Question

She is not feeling well since last night. I thought it was arthiritis. I noticed that she only pooped a tiny bit since yesterday. Could that be a problem?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Tigger is 14.
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Tigger?
Customer: She has always been in good health. Her meow doesn't sound quite right, maybe like she doesn't feel well. She normally drinks lots of water but not so much today. She is peeing fine however.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 20 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When was the last time that Tigger had bloodwork?

Is she still eating?

Was the stool she produced soft or hard? Any difficulty in passing it?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Tigger has never had bloodwork. She is not eating which is not like her. The stool was hard as usual. I didn't see her pass it but it was tiny, less than a half inch.

It would be worthwhile to have bloodwork performed on her given her age and symptoms. A small, hard stool may indicate that she is dehydrated or has kidney issues, both of which could certainly make her feel very poor. Arthritis could also be a leading factor in her not feeling well, but typically that has no bearing on the quality of stool that is produced. Also, if she's been drinking a lot of water, as you mentioned, this can signal to us that there may be an underlying medical concern like kidney disease, as mentioned, or diabetes.

All that said, how is she eating for you? If she's not interested in food, when did she last eat?