Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My guy,, is about 18, but has been in stellar condition.

Customer Question

My guy, Jack, is about 18, but has been in stellar condition. He's out a lot. We have been plagued with fleas since the summer. Everybody (one other cat, a female, Macy) had a bath and the house was treated by an exterminator. But, while it helped, it didn't rid is of fleas. Anyway, it the last few days, he's pooped in the box, odd in that he goes outside always. And both times it was yellow and nearly liquid. Now, yesterday and today, he sleeps and sleeps and doesn't want to go out.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Jack
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Jack?
Customer: He's my best friend. Does that count?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Are you using any topical products on the cats? If so, what? How often?

2) Have there been any changes to his diet? New food? New flavor of food? Human food? treats?

3) When was bloodwork last performed on him?