Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a 14 week old male kitten who was totally robust a

Customer Question

I have a 14 week old male kitten who was totally robust a few days ago. Yesterday he seemed quiet and low key. Today he was really week and listless. It's so sudden. What could be the problem
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Chester
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Chester?
Customer: He's one of 3 male kittens from a litter that we still have. The other 2 are fine. I never noticed a problem with him. His nose is cold. I should also say I'm not at home right now. I had to come to work, but my 2 young adult kids are there.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 14 days ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Has there been any vomiting or diarrhea?

How is his appetite?

Is it possible for your kids to check the color of his gums and see if is abdomen seems distended or painful?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no vomiting. possibly diarrha, though it's hard to tell which kitty that is or if it's because whatever food I give them, one of them doesn't agree with it. I will ask about gums & abdomen. They are actually on the way to a 24 hour vet because I wasn't sure what to do or how this service worked and it seemed like the website was asking me to take out a membership.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They said abdomen seems okay but couldn't get a look at the gums. Since they are almost at the vet's I guess I'll just go with that and thank you for your help. I'm sorry I wasn't getting about this service. I got a text that looked like I needed to use my phone and also an email that told me my answer was on the way. I should have just stayed on this site.
Expert:  Dr. John replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for the information. Sorry about the wait. I had to step away for a few minutes. Let me review this information, and I will get right back with you.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 14 days ago.

Yes, when you post a question, it is best to stay on for about 10 minutes and check back every 5 minutes for 30 minutes to see if a response comes in. There may only be a few experts working on a slate of questions at one time. Let me know if you have further concerns.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 days ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Chester is doing and to see if you have any further questions.