Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a 9 week old kitten who was just wormed x 2. He was

Customer Question

I have a 9 week old kitten who was just wormed x 2. He was lethargic and vomited x 2 on Thursday and had received his second dose of the parasitic Sunday. He recovered well. Now he looks like he has a slight rectal prolapse
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: He was a barn kitten, I took him 3 weeks ago. He had ear mites but got Revolution
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 14 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Has he had diarrhea or straining?

How far out is the prolapse?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.