Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow,
Experience:  Veterinarian at The Vet Clinic East
95832735

I'm looking for ways to naturally freshen the air in my

Customer Question

Hi I'm looking for ways to naturally freshen the air in my office and make it smell good...just found out how horribly harmful febreze noticeables are..stopped using them immediately and threw them all out! I had a 4year old cat that just passed away from toxicity to his liver..now I'm wondering if it could have been the chemicals in the Febreze that built up in his liver!! We have another cat in our office she is healthy and doing great..
I thought a diffuser might be a good choice for adding some nice scents to the office but then I'm reading about how a lot of oils are toxic to cats in one way or another. I don't know if you can make some suggestions on some natural things that I can use in the office to add some nice smells.
Thank-you for your time : )
Andrea
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 21 days ago.

My name is***** and I can try and help you today! Good job on getting rid of the Febreze! I do really like the idea of a diffuser, however, you are right, cats in particular can be very sensitive to essential oils.

I would recommend diffusing an essential oil called Open Air. It comes from a line of essential oils created by a veterinarian specifically for pets. Open Air is great for scent, but it is also great for the upper respiratory tract.

I'm going to paste the link here: http://www.animaleo.info/open-air.html.

Another simple, yet safe, solution to trap odors is to just place a bowl of baking soda in the room.

Another trick that I use that is safe for pets is this: Place some orange peels in a jar and fill with vinegar. Cover and let soak for several days. Then pour the liquid into a spray bottle. You can spray this in any room where you need a good scent, and you can also use it for cleaning.

Post back if I can help further!

Dr. Snow

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you soooo much!! I might have a follow up question later(can't think of one right now) would that be okay??

Of course!! Feel free to post back anytime to this conversation! Or if it has timed out, you can make a new one and request me. :) Please let me know if I can be of further help, and please kindly rate me. :)

Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 19 days ago.
Hi Andrea,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Stella. How is everything going?
Sarah Snow
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 18 days ago.

Do you have any more questions?