Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

We have a 7-8 month old male kitten who was neutered before

Customer Question

We have a 7-8 month old male kitten who was neutered before we got him. For the last 3 months he has gone into "heat" for several days. Blood curdling cries, dragging his body on floor, going after the other male cat, etc. I have asked the rescue agency that I adopted him through if he did this before we got him, but with no response. Also he barely eats anything while in this state. What do you think? Is this normal? We've had many cats, but mostly females and never had anything like this before.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the veterinarian. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Boston
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Boston?
Customer: Seems very healthy. Has gained weight since we adopted him in August and loves to play with other cat in house.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 18 days ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Are you absolutely, positively sure that Boston is a male? You've described a female in heat. Males don't have heat periods.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Really. That is the best you can come up with?

I also considered that he wasn't neutered but instead is cryptorchid and his retained testicles were now producing testosterone. He was feeing his oats so to speak. I'll opt out which will give other experts the opportunity to weigh in.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 15 days ago.

Good morning, JACustomer. Dr. Salkin has opted out of this chat. Are you able to post a video of what you are seeing?