Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My male cat seems to go into the box to urinate, and he

Customer Question

Hi, my male cat seems to go into the box to urinate, and he stays in that position for about 10 minutes or so. Yesteday I did look afterwards and saw that there was a little urine in the box. Otherwise, he seems ok, eating, and drinking and playing, etc.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Colby and he is 1
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Colby?
Customer: I did just adopt him in March from the NYACC in manhattan, he had all his shots and is healthy and fixed as well.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 6 months ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your kitty isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

how long has this been going on?

has he urinated at all today?

has this ever happened before?

any other cats in the home?

are you there? did you get my last questions?