Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

Cat got out a couple of days ago she came back looking like

Customer Question

cat got out a couple of days ago she came back looking like she had it rough out there and was very dingy. I recently noticed that she sticks her tongue out alot and is drooling. She has bumps on her skin I am not sure if it is due to her getting into a fight with another cat or something else. I am very worried for her. She also has not been vaccinated.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with Angelina. I'm glad that she's made it home! Some aren't that fortunate after getting out. Do you feel she's still eating and drinking well?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've saw her eat yesterday after I attempted to give her a bath and she did drink some water yesterday.

When a cat is having their tongue out and drooling, the things that I'm concerned with are - dental issues, oral lesions, nausea, and oral irritants. With her having been outside, could she have been in a fight and injured something in her mouth? That is a very possible situation. The bumps that you're seeing could be small scabs from the fight. Honestly, the best thing to do is to get her to your vet so they can give her a good exam. They can shave up those areas of the bumps and see if they are wounds / bites. If they are, a course of antibiotics is most beneficial to start up to hopefully stop cellulitis and abscess formation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay thank you. I was kind of panicking thinking she was going to die.

I would be hopeful that this isn't going to be a life of death threatening situation. I'm hoping for the best for her!

Hi Angie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Angelina Alvarez. How is everything going?