Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I believe she was attack by another animal and it appears

Customer Question

I believe she was attack by another animal and it appears that animal may have tried to disembowel her. Can i give her an aspirin for now? She is a feral outdoor cat that I have been working with all summer. I can pick her up and she doesn't cry out. I currently have her on a bed of straw with a towel over her and she is in the sun.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: I've not named her and she is about 1 year old.
JA: Got it. I'm sure you'll come up with a good name.
Customer: She was eating and drinking this morning but she was walking very cautiously. In Sept I had her and 8 other feral cats spayed or neutered thru a special program in this area.
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Don't have a name
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: When they were neutered/spayed they also received a rabies shot. Other than that I'm not aware of anything.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry that your cat is injured. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Are you seeing an open wound in her belly? If so, is she licking the wound?