Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat had her rabies vaccination and at the same time they

Customer Question

My cat had her rabies vaccination and at the same time they saw she had a ear infection. Well they sent her home with tresaderm drops to place 4 to 5 drops twice a day for 14 days. While I was into the second week she stopped eating would not move hardly at all so I took to to the vet and the blood test showed the liver enzymes and two other test related to the liver were off the charts. where the norm was 1 to 13 hers was over 3000 She went blind and started having seizures. Within a couple hours I had to have her pit down. This was all in 48 hours. She was very healthy I did blood wok on her every year. Question, I have read some scary things about thiabendazole and I belive it was the drops that took her and also was wondering if the rabies shot and being on these drops lead to this?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Farrah
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Farrah?
Customer: No she was so healthy until her last appointment
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 19 days ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.