Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

My cat had a urinary tract infection, seems to have cleared

Customer Question

My cat had a urinary tract infection, seems to have cleared up but he is vomiting and is off his food. He's on amoxicillin, I can get him to my vet in the morning but am wondering if I should give him his tablet to night
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: no
JA: OK. The veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Brego is 12
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Brego?
Customer: He is a burmese, loves his food and seems almost his normal self, I just want to know if I should give him his medication tonight (It's Sunday evening here in Australia
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 23 days ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. It's best to stop the amoxicillin which is often the cause of vomiting in cats. Let his vet know what you've done and his vet may perform a urinalysis to see if an antibiotic still needs to be on board or not. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.