Carole Cocagne
Carole Cocagne, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Swartz Creek Veterinary Hospital
96736229

Have a kitten with one eye seems to be swollen it seems to

Customer Question

have a young kitten with one eye seems to be swollen it seems to look white
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: puffy
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about puffy?
Customer: not that i have noticed it looks like a white film covering eye
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Carole Cocagne replied 20 days ago.

Hi my name is***** and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your kitten. There are a few things that could be wrong with your kittens eye. First of all, Puffy could have an ulcer on the cornea or front part of the eye from some sort of trauma. The other thing it could be is a viral infection that often affects just one eye called Rhinotracheitis or herpes infection. I would have the eye looked at right away and have the vet stain the eye to look for an ulcer. Usually they are treated with eye drops, pain medications and an elizabethan collar or cone until it heals. If it is herpes they often use a drug called lysine to treat in addition to eye drops. Unfortunately if not treated quickly some kittens can lose the eye.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your questions answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Carole Cocagne replied 19 days ago.

Were you able to view my answer?