Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Born on 7/22/16. We brought home on 9/18/16, Happy, healthy

Customer Question

Born on 7/22/16. We brought Hazel home on 9/18/16, Happy, healthy and did really well right away with eating and litter box. BTW we have a five year old male cat and a 12 year old golden retriever and they get along so well, Any way over the last week or so Hazel has started urinating every where and is trying to nurse on our dog and blankets. What is going on and how do we resolve this
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Hazel
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Hazel?
Customer: Just had second round of kitty vacinations and got a chip put in last week
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 24 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Has Hazel been examined for these new behaviors?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No

The first thing to address would be the urinating everywhere. This can be a sign of a urinary tract infection. She will need an exam from your vet, as well as a urinalysis. A course of antibiotics usually works quite well in curing these symptoms. The nursing behaviors may be due to insecurity with her not feeling well and may improve once she is back to feeling 100%. I would suspect this would be the case since she was not doing this BEFORE the inappropriate box usage began.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 23 days ago.

Checking, JACustomer. I didn't hear back from you yesterday. How is your companion doing?