Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Our cat Rosey has been I'll for a while. She has a chronic

Customer Question

Our cat Rosey has been I'll for a while. She has a chronic upper respiratory problem for all of her life. Recently our vet treated her for a week with antibiotics and diagnosed her with inflamed lungs and sinus infection. She was doing better but now I wanted to take her to her vet this am due to vomiting blood mucus and bm all over the bathroom. The problem is she will not come out from under the bed. I think she may be terminal so I want to make her comfortable and hold her . what to do? Thank you. Beverly
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Beverly, if she will not come out from under the bed you have three options.

1) Allow her to stay there and visit her where she is comfortable
2) Remove her and try to make her comfortable once out of hiding (and she will likely return there)

As well, if you cannot get her to the vet, contacting a mobile vet to come to you may be easier. I will say that we often see GI upsets and sometimes that involves them being serious enough that pets vomit blood. This could be a secondary symptom of something that is treatable instead of being a sign of terminal illness.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. I didn't hear back from you yesterday. How is your companion doing today? Improved? Do you need further assistance?