Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Lifeless no eating or drinking since Tuesday night is when

Customer Question

lifeless no eating or drinking since Tuesday night is when it started, cant tell if he has urinated, has an appt tomorrow at 8:45 but he seems so lifeless, not moving much at all now. Considering Emergency care tonight
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Casper he is a little over 1 yr, turned a year old end of Sept He is neutered and has had shots
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Casper?
Customer: There is a new kitty here that has not been vaccinated that was a stray. Just got him on the weekend and was about to get his shots he is about 9 wks
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I will do my best to help you. I'm reviewing your question now and I will post back to you ASAP.

Caspar sounds very sick. Your new kitten was not there long enough to make Caspar sick.

Was there any vomiting or diarrhea when he started getting sick?

Is he an outdoor cat?

By now Caspar must be quite dehydrated. And not eating will make him weak.

Perhaps you have already taken caspar to an emergency clinic. That is what I would recommend because he in such critical condition.

I hope that everything turns out well.

If you come back to site we can continue this chat.