PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My 3 yr old female cat has a watery eye with a discharge. Is

Customer Question

My 3 yr old female cat has a watery eye with a green discharge. Is mupirocin safe to apply?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Mupirocin should NOT be used in the eyes. There are other medications such as neopolybac that your vet can prescribe that are much safer.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. I will apply neosporin.

Absolutely! Let me know if I can help further. I have opened the page for rating, if you would be so kind.