Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She is 7 months old and recently was treated for an inner

Customer Question

She is 7 months old and recently was treated for an inner ear infection. Now she seems to be unable to jump and just wants to stay in warm dark areas.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Yoda
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Yoda?
Customer: She does sneeze once in a while
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 29 days ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. I would talk to your vet about checking her for a nasopharyngeal polyp. She is a tad bit younger than most cats we normally see them in, but they can occur in cats this young. The thought is that they develop in response to respiratory infections. They can cause chronic sneezing, which will eventually develop into nasal discharge and congestion. They can also cause symptoms of ear infections. They will most likely have to sedate her to get a full evaluation for a polyp, but that is the first thing I would look for. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 26 days ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John