Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

She was fixed years ago. It's obvious she got pregnant but

Customer Question

she was fixed years ago. It's obvious she got pregnant but looks like there are to dead fetuses inside her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: I could feel the kittens as they hang down as she walks. She was neutered as soon as I got her. she just lays around all day.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hello, again, my name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- To make sure I got this right, you are feeling kittens in her belly, but, she was already spayed, correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
correct but that did not keep the feral cats from circling the house like a wagon train about every 3 months
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, if she was spayed it is not possible for her to have kittens in her belly. You see, when we get a cat spayed we remove the entire reproductive organ where the kittens would live and grow. So, it is impossible for her to have any kittens. If you are feeling something in her abdomen it is likely an abdominal organ like a kidney, urinary bladder, etc. If she is lethargic this could be a symptom of an underlying medical problem. I would recommend a hands-on examination with your family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter