Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat got thieves essential oil in his eye will he be ok

Customer Question

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, the effects of this oil in the eye is similar to our own. It can cause irritation and even ulceration of the cornea. Therefore, the key here is to flush that eye thoroughly with cool water. Ideally, we'd want to do this for 5-10 minutes and afterwards you can follow this with an eye safe saline (ie OTC first aid eye wash, plain contact lens solution) to counter any risk of secondary infection. Or if the eye looks very sore, then we may need his vet to check this for damage and potentially start eye drops to limit that for him.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.