Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow,
Experience:  Veterinarian at The Vet Clinic East
95832735

My kitten has been outside until tonight she has diarrhea so

Customer Question

My kitten has been outside until tonight she has diarrhea so I bathed her to clean her off and i noticed her butt as very red and swollen and the rail area closest to her but the hair has fallen out and is red as well and she cries every time i wipe her off there what should i do for her?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 5 months ago.

I am Dr. Snow, and I can try and help you today with Tigger. It is pretty common to see some redness and irritation when they're having a lot of diarrhea. The first step is keeping her clean and dry back there. I would suggest applying a small amount of apple cider vinegar to the irritated skin, if you have it, and then apply some coconut oil.

The best thing to do would be to get her into your veterinarian soon to get to the bottom of the cause of the diarrhea!

Post back with further questions.

Dr. Snow