Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

She is a senior citizen cat and she is leaking a clear,

Customer Question

She is a senior citizen cat and she is leaking a clear, sometimes reddish liquid from under her tail..not sure if its from her butt.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is***** was already named when we got her at age 10. She is 16 or 17 now
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about when?
Customer: I keep checking on her and she looks uncomfortable and has her tail up almost like she's trying to poop She has had a diarrhea problem for awhile
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Thank you. My name is Bethany.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I would worry that your sweet Toby may have polyps in her colon that is causing this leaking. Considering Toby's age, this is a good possibility and the only way to know for sure is to have your vet examine her. This may also be the cause for the diarrhea that you see. There is always a possibility that Toby has some issues with her anal glands which are glands on either side of her anus. Have your vet check this for you. In the mean time, keep this area clean with peroxide to guard against infection which could make this worse.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If there are polyps in her colon, how long will it take her to get better after she goes to the vet?

HI Bethany...it depends on whether or not these are cancerous. I would worry very much at sweet Toby's age, that there may be a cancer issue involved and there may not be treatment. Think positive, Bethany and get Toby checked by your vet before we get worried.

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 28 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta