Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I just weighed my 5 year old cat and noticed she has lost

Customer Question

I just weighed my 5 year old cat and noticed she has lost three pounds since the last time I took her to the vet, about a year ago. She eats well, poops well, her nose is cold and wet, she is a very happy cat,
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Kitty Braveheart
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Braveheart?
Customer: Let's see... she has had a couple bouts with IBS, but that was a while back and she has been fine ever since. She likes wet food, and doesn't care for treats. She does eat a bit of dry food, but not much.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How much did she weigh last year and how much does she weigh now? Any change in diet over that time?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No change in diet. She weighed 12 lbs a year ago. Now, she weighs 9.2 lbs. Nothing has changed in her diet.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't really want to pay another $28, because I will probably have to take her to the vet. I thought it was $5 but my bank just called to say there's something unusual with this transaction and the amount is $17. Did you charge me $17 or $5?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what's happening? You're trying to upsell me. Can you at least answer the question about loss of weight?

I think the website charges you 5$ to ask the question as a deposit then charges you $17 one someone answers the question. (i don't have anything to do with the charges or the phone call request) If you don't want to pay that I can send you to customer service before continuing any further just let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please send me to customer service. Thank you.

Okay sorry about that I will contact customer service for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you!

you are welcome