Cher
Cher, Pet Caregiver 40+yrs
Experience:  Specialist in Pet Healthcare and Behavior
1470369

He's crying in pain when he walks, not eating or drinking

Customer Question

he's crying in pain when he walks, not eating or drinking and hides
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Sorry cat about 2 years old
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: yes a cat
JA: The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Spaz
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Spaz?
Customer: He's blind if tht matters
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hi again.

I'm sorry you did not receive an earlier answer. I recently signed on and was notified of your question. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Crying while walking could be caused by a variety of conditions. Have you noticed if he is urinating and defecating as usual? If he has not been urinating, he may have a urethral obstruction, which is an emergency situation in male cats. It may hurt his bladder, when he walks, if it is full and he can't empty it himself, due to a blockage.

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/FHC/health_information/UrinaryConcerns.cfm

--------------

It's also possible that he has a stomachache or could be constipated and that is causing pain. If you have seen him both urinate and defecate within the past 12-24 hours, there shouldn't be anything to worry about in that arena.

He could have jumped down from a height, landed awkwardly, and caused injury to his hip, leg or paw. He could have gotten his foot caught in something and hurt it, struggling to get it out.

As you can see, there are many possibilities, so it would be advisable to have Spaz evaluated in person by a vet, as soon as possible, and if your vet doesn't have emergency hours, you can bring him to an ER vet in your area. If you don't know where the nearest ER vet center is located, the site below will help you:

http://www.vetlocator.com/hotline.php

---------

I hope all will be well with your Spaz and please let me know how he's doing and what the vet's findings are. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the website for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply to Expert' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest wishes,

Cher