Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

She is in door cat, had her to vet twice she has sores on

Customer Question

she is in door cat, had her to vet twice she has sores on her body her skin is dry told this to both vets she doesn't have fleas treated house multiple times for them use aloe on her but doesn't help. I am on soc sec and going in for cataract surgery and cant afford vets all the time can you help. Last vet charged me almost 200 dollars I don't have that kind of money but don't want her to suffer either help plz
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is about 7 or 8 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Monkey?
Customer: I really think she just has dry itchy skin and needs to have a shot or meds to help the itching
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

Where on her body is she itching and where are the sores?

Any pustules, pimples, dander, or crusting?

Even if fleas are not on a cat, a single bite can cause signs. Therefore, when did you last treat for fleas and what product did you use?

Any diet change in the months before this started?