Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I found a small kitten about 10 days ago I was abale to take

Customer Question

I found a small kitten about 10 days ago I was abale to take her to a vet Monday they gave meds for her ear mites and some for her eyes and a three day dose for worms I did that and everything they said I feed her three times a day small amounts like they said bout now when she eats she starts to breath very hard I can see her like stomach suck in I don't have any money to go back to the vet till the end of the month can you give me any ideals on how to help her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the kitten can pick up. I'll have you talk to the veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Sammie because she is a Siamese
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Sammie?
Customer: No I told you ever thing o she was under weight but I have got her to gain a few oz
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video showing what you're seeing with Sammie?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She is sleeping right now she breath better when she is sleeping and I don't know how to send videos

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What do you want me to do wait till she wakes up and video her then send it to you I live on a fixed income so I can't do the chat thing so can you give some ideal or anything please I'm just trying to help her so I can find her a good home she is a sweet little thing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will feed her in the morning and take a video to send to you I just read what I wrote and sounded harsh sorry about that

Without seeing what you're seeing, it's a guess but I imagine she likely has a respiratory infection either from an upper respiratory infection or pneumonia due to aspiration. Antibiotics would be ideal.

You can certainly share a video once she's awake and active again. Alternately, you can post a video of her sleeping. Most cats will show symptoms regardless of whether or not they are sleeping at the time that the video is taken. Primarily, I just need to see and hear her respirations.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I will try and do it wish me luck
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I send it to my . Justanswer.com

The video? It can go through customer service, if you need, but it takes longer to get to me. Uploading to youtube and sharing the link back is more ideal if you can't attach it to our chat page.